Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
One Moment - Kristina McBride We've seen this idea before. We've read this idea before. But has it been executed as good as in One Momet? Doubtful.And believe me, the book wasn't perfect. There were quite a few things that bothered me, but it just makes a book that much better when you can get past those flaws, because the book as an overall was just THAT GOOD.I was intrigued. I wanted to know more. I needed to find out. And even when I got to the point where I thought we had figured everything out that we needed to know, I was wrong. There was another bit of information, of surprise, another twist to the story. And like I said, it wasn't a completely original idea. And the thought of reading the same old thing again, made me mad even before confirming my suspicions. The thing is though, One Moment was just too good to even care about similarites or the predictable bits.The story was heartwrenching. It was about loss, grief, hurt, betrayal, love, letting go and new beginnings. It was realistic too. These problems and issues happen. Sometimes I thought Maggie was either blind or stupid for not figuring out this stuff sooner, but really, when you're that age and in those circumstances, chances are you won't figure it out so easily either. Been there, done that, you know?You do trust the wrong people. You do put them up in a pedestal where nothing can touch then. Where they can do no wrong. You want to hold on to you little circle of life, because you belive this will be for ever, and if it changes you will break. And then, you grow. You mature, even a bit, and you realize something new. Something that will help you move on. And ofcourse you move on. You're a teen, with your whole life ahead of you. I liked it when this happened to Maggie.I'm really glad I picked up this book. It was an emotional roller coaster ride. One that I enjoyed alot.Thank you to Netgalley and Egmont, for allowing me to read and review an advanced copy.