Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Men of the Cave - Marisette Burgess 3.5 starsI have to say, the dialogue and religious references, I wasn't a big fan of. I felt hot and cold sometimes towards the dialogue and love relationship. I actually didn't mind the fact that it was a 'predestined love'. But the characters would sometimes feel very vague and so I felt disconnected. And then other times I was right there with them, and as excited as they were. There were times where the changes of topic were abrupt and that messed with the flow of my reading. But I gotta admit, overall? I liked this book.I was very surprised at what the title of the book actually means. I would have NEVER thought that the 7 brothers are actual SAINTS! That was a very original twist that I enjoyed.The mixture of Catholic religion with Greek Mythology was anothe surprised and I'm still very intrigued to find out where this is going.Kasey and Dion's relationship was actually good. I can' pin point what it is, but I enjoyed it. And at the end, for a moment I thought that Dion was gonna ask Kasey to marry him, and I thought "Nooooo, its too soon and to cliche to end it like this!". Well joke on me(and Kasey). I'm glad it didn't happen, and I hope that if it does in the future, its after they're relationship is longer and they are trully happy together and with both feet on the ground.Men of the Cave was a very good first book, and thanks to that little sneak peek I got at the end of the book, now I know for sure I'll be reading book 2! Very nicely done Mrs. Burgess.