Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2) - Rae Carson "I've known for a while that I would marry for the good of Joya d'Arena. But now, faced with the prospect, I don't want to. I want to love someone again, the way I loved Humberto, or at the very least share a friendship, as Alejandro and I did in the end.And I want to be queen of this great country not because someone is holding my hand, but because I can do it. Me. Elisa."What a great sequel to [b:The Girl of Fire and Thorns|10429092|The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)|Rae Carson|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1323448113s/10429092.jpg|13282366]. [b:The Crown of Embers|10816908|The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)|Rae Carson|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1335241091s/10816908.jpg|15730581] is a solid sequel, that has its own great adventure and FINALLY a love story that slowly developes and enveloped me to be very invested in it.I am sorry to say this, but I was never into Elisa and Humberto as a couple. I felt sorry for Elisa when Humberto was murdered, because she loved him so. But not for me. I never wanted Elisa with Alejandro either, but I always felt that there was something between Elisa and Hector. A conection? A spark? A kindred spirit?Well we FINALLY get to their story.And their love develops from respect, admiration, friendship and it grows until neither can deny that they have fallen in love. Knowing its a 'forbidden' love, because Elisa must marry someone else to please the lords of her council.Aside from the love story, we get another action packed book. There are many attemps to end Elisa's life, and the Infernos have their cold hearts set on taking Elisa as their "Willing" sacrifice.So Elisa sets on a journey to unfold the true power of her Godstone with some volunteers and not so friendly allies.Discoveries are made, comfessions are voiced and tragedy strickes. Directly at Elisas heart.We are left with a tiny bit of a clifhanger, and with more than enough anxiousness to read the last book in the trilogy, like YESTERDAY.Instead of following the typical 'bridge' book in most second installments. [b:The Crown of Embers|10816908|The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)|Rae Carson|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1335241091s/10816908.jpg|15730581] set its self at the same greatness as its predecesor. It engages us from the very begining and keeps us on the edge of our seats until the very end. What a great ride!