Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Nightshade: Book 1 - Andrea Cremer Rating is 3.5This book was fast paced in the sense that it was very easy to read. The first half or even 2/3 of it were just ok, nothing incredible there. And then the last part hit and I could not stop reading!Calla was.....sort of all over the place. Kick ass but wimpy, hot tempered but sweet, independent but submissive, hot for Ren but "in love" with Shay. This was very unattractive of her and really gave me a headache.Shay is ok. Not a big hero or too interesting, but I didn't really find him annoying or despicable either. He was just sort of there.Ren I liked more. He is the usual bad boy that wants to settle down with his mate. He's sexy and driven, snarky with the looks to go with the personallity. But sometimes he was too much of an ass or too possesive. But if you read this, towards the end on Ch 33 (thanks Brit!) there is a very good sweet scene with Ren and Calla, which was what finally made me lean more towards Ren over Shay.Ok now for everything that drove me MAD! (If you havent read this book,or Mercy Thompson,or Unearthly then I recommend you stay away from all the spoilers, just in case) The "love at first sight" between Shay and Calla is sooooo not believable! I wish there would have been more building up or more attraction tention between them. That would have helped, but it was just to much BS to believe it.In Unearthly the protagonist(sorry I cant remember her name right now, =/) has a obvious attraction to Christian but after spending the summer with Tucker she fall for him. AFTER SPENDING TIME WITH HIM, AND GETING TO KNOW HIM! (Just a reminder, this is only MY opinion, no one else has to feel the same way I do. And I mean no disrespect with this review).Also, what the hell is wrong with Calla? She's always standing up to Ren but Shay asks her to do something she doesn't want to do, or something she knows is gonna get her in trouble and she almost runs to do it! Yes I'm glad she found out about the Keepers but she should have treated Shay and Ren the same in my opinion.So if Calla is "in love" with Shay, then why does she get all mushy and hot when ever Ren comes close? This reminds me of the relationship Mercy and Sam had in the Mercy Thompson series, but Mercy and Sam had a past. Maybe Calla should get her head and thoughts together and really make up her mind.Something else I didn't really like was the way Shay was turned in to a guardian. It was way too easy!'Bite me Calla, I'll save you!' Shay.'Oh Shay I can't, but ok!' Calla.BITE.'I am a guardian now!!' ShayTHE END Really? Thats it? Oooookk.Over all the book was good. If you have read your share of YA PNR then, like me, you'll probably find it predictable. But its an ok story. I will be reading the sequel but I hope it gets better from the beggining and not till the end like this one. I've had too much from Fallen and Torment for this series to have the same pattern.