Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne I am somewhat conflicted by this book.I still liked/loved it, but there were things that, in my opinion, were either delt with poorly or felt rushed and left hanging.In this book, Katniss finally cracks. Which, in my opinion, is remarkable. Why? Well because she lasted this long. Had it been me, I would have lost it on book 1. But when Katniss realizes Peete is still alive, she agrees to become the people's MOCKINGJAY. Seeting loose the revolution to free the people of the remainer 11 districts.It is obvious President Coin and Katniss don't see eye to eye. And Gale's prespectives and priorities seemed to have changed too. Katniss is driven by the will to kill President Snow and save Peeta.But it looks like Peeta was rescued a little too late.Once again Katniss is broken. I mean, there is only so much a girl can take, and Katniss has had more than her share in pain.This story/book/series is very strong. It has many references as to how destructive human beings are, and the consequences of our actions.The parts that left me conflicted are:1. Gale leaving so suddently.There was no...nothing. He just left without saying goodbye, without saying anything. End of story. I wish Ms. Collins would have elaborated a little there.2. All the deaths in this book.I didn't mind all the deaths except for Finnick and Prim. In some sense, this reminded me of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You hurt because you fall in love with the characters, but the looses also make the book more real, because in real life, not everyone gets a happy ending. Ms. Collins was very bold to take these chances, and I applaud her for it.3.Katniss and Peeta's resolution.I'm glad, so glad and happy, that they ended up together. But it felt like it was very rushed. No details, no real closure. If she had elaborated more on how they got back together, it would have helped me alot with my closure. Instead it felt rushed and left me uneasy.In the end I would call this series very POWERFUL. I have no regrets in reading it, because it is trully amazing.