Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Fire Study - Maria V. Snyder 3.5 starsIn my Magic Study review, I said there was ALOT going on. Well in Fire Study there is TOO MUCH going on. My head felt like it was spining from time to time and I kept pushing my self to read thinking, "I'll probably be hooked in a few more pages". Well I wasn't. It seriously pains me to say this, because I fell in love with Yelena and Valek in Poison Study, but I have to be honest with my opinion right?Yelena has way to much on her plate and she keeps getting into the same sittuations over and over. The kidnappings, the running from place to place(I felt as exausted as the characters in the book!), Valek showing up and dissapearing again, Yelena's insecurities, etc.It wasn't until 3/4 in to the book, that I actually enjoyed reading the rest. But it wasn't enough to redeem the lack of pace that should have been set while reading. It felt like the reading was sort of harsh. Moving from point to point to point, with little explanations and adding more troubles to the bag. Poison Study is such an amazing book, and it was well writen. The writting in PS wasn't harsh it was intense, and for some reason, fron Poison Study to Magic Study, to Fire Study, it changed to a point where it wasn't really enjoyable anymore.Valek....oh my poor Valek. I will try to remember him as I met him in Poison Study. It just went down hill for him. Isn't he supposed to be the greatest master mind? Then why would he be asking Yelena (who at this point is directing everyone around and getting everyone in to trouble) what the plan is? What the F...??!! I'm sorry if I'm being too mean, the book was good, but no where near the greatness that was Poison Study. It should have been a 3 stars but call me sentimental I guess. My fond memories of PS almost made this a 4 star book but in the end I have to be honest with my self.