Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Silence - Becca Fitzpatrick 3.5 to 4 StarsYes, I know I'm rating this one lower than the first 2 books, and there is a reason for that. But that does NOT mean I didn't like or enjoy this book, I did very much. But I can not lie to my self and give this one 5 stars just because I love the series. Now keep in mind I loved the book, but let me tell you a little bit about what I didn't like:I found my self annoyed with Nora. Well maybe not with Nora exactly, because she is only reacting to the sittiations in the book, maybe I'm just a little bothered by the book it self.I understand that, due to the circumstances, the characters have to behave accordingly. But it felt like by the end of Crescendo, Nora had finally reached a point where she didn't feel like a whinny 16 year old, and she felt like a maturing, growing adult. The circustances in [b:Silence|10637766|Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)|Becca Fitzpatrick|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517oe2NgLZL._SL75_.jpg|14158688] 'pushed' her back instead of forward.Also, What happened with Patch?Was it just me, or did anyone else feel the change in his character? I' think I've read enough books now to understand that as a series moves along, the characters change, grow and evolve. I'm am by no means saying I'm 'out of love' with Patch. To not love him would be blasphemy in my world! But since this book felt darker than the previous, it gave less of a chance for him to be his snarky, overconfident self. I miss his inuendos and sarcastic comments. Is there non of that in the book? Well of course there is, but the events revolving around the book interfered with the way he was portrayed. I trully started to enjoy the book fully buy the halfway point, where Nora gets some of her memory back and she stops behaving like an insecure child. I get that she felt insecure because so much of her life was erased and that's why I can't really blame her actons. But they still bugged me a little. Once we have more interactions with Patch, Scott and other characters, things start getting really interesting. Nora has always been a little reckless, but this time around I liked it more. She was determined but with her feet more set on the ground than before. She thought things throu before acting and she trusted Patch more.(With a few exeptions, thanks to Dabria.)Patch seemed more protective and affectionate, and really, who can blame him? Having had Nora held captive for 3 months, messed with his mind and now he feels the need to be even more cautious with her, but at the same time I liked that he didn't object to Nora going to the Dance with Scott, or to her friendship with him. Yeah he didn't like it, but he didn't try to stop her either.The first half of the book was 3 stars, and the second went from 4 to even 5. So I think its pretty fair of me to give it 3.5 to 4. Which actually rounds up to 4 in GR.I am such a fanatic of this series that I will probably re-read all 3 books before the final 4th book comes out!"Either way, war was coming.All I had to do now was decide my oponent."