Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Screaming in the Silence - Lydia Kelly 3.5 to 4 stars...(but mostly 4 stars)This is one of those books that leave me confused and with conflicting emotions. In a good way? Yes and no.The topics are very difficult to diggest. Murder, kidnapping and rape are difficult things to write about and the book is not sugar coating them.The boo is very upfront and easy to read. The thing is, I've read a couple "non-consentual" books and this one felt a little different, why? Because the other books where "non-con" and this one was NON-CON. Raleigh REALLY didn't want the sexual act to take place and from there, maybe it was the Stockholm Syndrome taking over, she develops feelings towards Kaden. I remember when I read Comfort Food and Forbidden, I kept thinking, How could I have ended up sympathizing with these sittuations?? While reading [b:Screaming in the Silence|9682277|Screaming in the Silence|Lydia Kelly|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YodgsRitL._SL75_.jpg|14570212] I didn't think I would sympathize again with such a sittuation, until Kaden did the right thing. The moment I thought 'Oh I hope he comes out of this ok.', that's when I realized I had once again been tricked by the writter. And damn if I wasn't rooting for them until the end!(I know, I'm very moraly tormented by this.)I do think what Kaden did was wrong. It was rape for Godness sake! So why, oh why?!, did I end up whishing they could have run away together? Why did I end up feeling pity towards Kaden for serving a sentence in jail for something he deserved?! Why, after i read the last page, di I wish Raleigh WOULD wait for Kaden so that they can have another shot at being together?It boggles my mind when a writer can, maybe not change our mind, but blurr the line between what's right and wrong. I will definetly be checking out more works by this writter.