Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
The Girl of Fire and Thorns - Rae Carson I liked this book alot more than I had anticipated. I knew I was gonna like it, but I liked it and enjoyed it alot more that I had thought.Right off the bat, we're thrown into an engaging sittuation. Lucero Elisa, or Elisa for short, is getting married to the handsome King Alejandro, but a stranger really. The whole sittuation is very rushed and vague, as no one is telling Elisa anything since they still consider her a child. She is not a child, but she IS very childish at the beggining of the book. This was one of the things I enjoyed about the book. The fact that we got to the the growth and maturity spur Elisa goes throu in this journey of hers.The side characters are great too. To describe Alejandro, I would like to quote Elisa: "But with Alejandro, I always dissolve into a pool of weak helplessness. He is a good man, I'm sure of it. And so beautiful as to be dazzling. But I don't like the person I am when I'm around him."(Page 138) He really is a good man, but with some major defects, and as we keep reading, we realize he is not the right man for Elisa.There are more tribulations in Elisas path, as she is kidnaped and thrown head on to the face of a war that was supposed to have been over. Here is where Elisa's life trully starts to change.There is fighting and betrayals and sadly some pretty important loses. This last made me quite confused since we loose a pretty big character, but it also gives me hope of Elisa ending up with someone I thought I could see potential in. Hector!.The ending was enjoyable and gave me hope for the next book while still giving me some closure.Thanks to Goodreads First Reads Giveaways, for this copy I won. =)