Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Hallowed (Unearthly, #2) - Cynthia Hand *sigh* What a roller coaster ride. I'm exausted from all the emotions this book evoked from me. There are troubles all around, and moments that will give you heartache from their intensity. The book was extremly difficult to put down, ans it had me in a mess of emotions. I NEEDED to keep reading. It is that good.(This review is more of a venting from what I just finished reading, so yes my emotions are very prominet in the review.)In Unearthly(And I mentioned this in my Unearthly review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/122157724 ) One of the things I liked most was the fact that Clara followed her heart and chose Tucker. She didn't let the 'connection' she had with Christian get in the way of her true love, and I gave her so much props for it. Well we get a 180 on this book. Not entirely happy about it either. Yes people, Mrs. Hand pulled a Richelle Mead: Dark Swan series, on us! Introducing us to this outstanding guy, Tucker, giving us this amazing relationship that develops not in a 'intant-love' way, but that blossoms and grows slowly. It was so freak'n good!! And then we get to Hallowed, and...its pretty much gone. The focus is switched to Christian, who I liked in book one, and he takes over the book and Clara's attention. Sound familiar? Yup, kinda like the Dark Swan Series book 2, where the author ,I guess changes her mind as to who se wants the MC to end up with.I missed Tucker. A lot. Its one of the things that bugged me about the book(maybe cause I'm such a hardcore Tucker fan),because the scenes we had with him were kinda vage and short. This gave a lot more room for Clara and Christians relationship to develop. And yes, I will admit it. I really like Christian, he's a great guy. He's supportive, brave, sexy, etc. You know, the whole package, and I would have probably fallen for him harder, had he been more prominent in book one. BUT HE WASN'T. So my heart belongs to Tucker and it hurts me to see him played out with such absence. I wanted to see more of Unearthly Tucker, but he was more of a background character. Which sorta pissed me off. Did I already mention I'm a hardcore Tucker Fan? Oh ok.So that aspect of the book, the love triangle, I could have done with out. But it is a major part of the book, so with the way things ended in this book, I don't know how that makes me feel about reading the next book...I'm not usually a reader that gets hung up one one of the characters and hates the book/series if things don't go the way I want them to. Ex: Dimitri/Adrian fans, Edward/Jacob fans, Peeta/Gale fans, etc...some of these people can get really mean and hurtful. And although I swear I won't start bashing anyone(not the guy I don't like, not Clara unless she's being stupid ;) , and not Mrs. Hand for her choices in writting), it might bug me more than I thought if Tucker and Clara don't find their way back to each other. Their connection was so strong in book 1, that HAVE to hold out hope for them. A love so strong can't be broken do easily =''(The other conflicts of the story though...*whisles*...very nicely played out Mrs. Hand. Jeffrey, Michael(Clara's dad), Meg(Clara's mom), how the visions/purposes intertwined, being 3/4 angel and not 1/4, Samjenza....it was one thing after another, after another, and I loved every little bit! The way things played out with Clara's mom diying, and the sorrow they were going though...wow, it got to me. Its why I am still willing to read more of this series. Because Mrs. Hand is such an interesting, powerful writter.So yes, I will definitely read the next installment. I am way too invested to stop now. Besides, the book was awesome.(I might come back and rate this higher, if when my head and heart cool, I feel differently or less strongly about the trio and how things played out.)