Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) - J.R. Ward I'm finished! I'm finished!Wow, what a journey. As usual, I'll come back to write a (hopefully) brief review when my heart slows down. But I think I'll stick to the 4 stars =)**EDIT**Thor and No'OneThings I liked: Their journey to happiness. How they helped each other to grow and heal. Thor broke my heart alot. Their story was so interesting, that I couldn't stop reading. In book 9, I found V's side story more interesting than Manny and Payne's. But here, I wanted to know what was in store for them next. Sometimes, I even got annoyed when the side stories got in the way! lolNot so much: The bonding was missing at the end. I thought it was so important to get a "MINE", or a bonding scent out of Thor and not just him telling us he would get there. I mean, this IS his book, so shouldn't we get his complete HEA in here? I wanted to hear him call No'One/Autumn, his shellan, and FEEL his love for her, not just read it.Xhex and Jhon MathewThings I liked: The make up scenes, were HOT....That's about it.(Do you know how much it pains me to say that?! JM and X are one of my fav couples, and they got the short stick handed to them in this book!)Not so much: Not so much indeed. In total honesty, I thought their story was completely unnecessary. I would have been happier if they had been left out actually. I found my self skimm reading some of their parts and mad at the ones I read.Their fight and separation was stupid. Ok, maybe not stupid it self, but the way it was handled was stupid. Yes, I'm looking at you Xhex.So at the first sign of trouble and hard times ahead you hit the curve? Wow, not cool.Layla and Xcor...and Throe??Things I liked: Over all I was pleasently surprised with this development. But I thought it was gonna be Throe and Layla, and then BAM, Xcor is put in the mix. Lover triangle up ahead maybe? Not sure cause Layla sure seemed alot more in to Xcor than Throe...I like Throe, tho'.Not so much: So is Xcor a bad guy or not? Yes he has good inside, but will he redeem him self in order to be worthy of Layla? It sure seems like he has alot of darkness in him. I'm interested to see where this goes.Qhuinn and LaylaThings I liked: Oh, you better bet your ass I'm going there! I really like these two! Yup, I said it. I had the whole sex between these two, and them getting knocked up, spoiled by some people. And when I read that, I was fumming! All these things and theories going on in my head. What about Qhuay? Do Layla and Qhuinn fall in love? etc, etc...But by the way things played out, and how they came to be. I have to say, I am ok with it. Happy actually.Not so much: I don't think there was any/much I didn't like from these two, since there wasn't much side story to them in the first place.Other things I liked were Thor and Wellsie, No'One and Xhex reconecting, Qhuinn FINALLY admiting he's gonna go for it with Blay.(BTW, I am sooooo stocked we get a Qhuay book next!!!!), and over all, most of the book.God, I had missed my brothers. Yup, the books might get cheesy and corny and blah, blah, blah. They are my guilty pleasure, so I don't care, haha.Can't wait for the next installment!