Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Me Before You - Jojo Moyes 3.5 starsLet me get the annoying bits out of the way, so I can get to the good stuff.The over descriptions. Some books need it, some books don't. This one definitely didn't. There was such a good rythm and pace to this story, and then the over descriptions messed with that a bit. Slowing down the pace and distracting me from wanting to go on. I skim read most of these parts, truthfully.The alternate Point of View chapters. There were very few of them, granted. But were completely unnecessary in my opinion. Some of them were even placed in such a wrong place/wrong time, that it pissed me off a little.The side characters. Of course they're necessary to give a story complexity and realisticness. But they were despicable! (Except for one of them.) Talk about not caring about you're flesh and blood, or becoming overbaring and making someone's life hell. They were all selfish in their own way, not thinking about Will or Lou, but putting themselves first.Now to the good/great stuff.You know those books that you just KNOW are going to break your heart, but you can't/won't put them down because the journey they take you through makes it all worth it? This is one of those books. And yet the story wasn't all gloom, heartbreak and sadness. It was funny at times. There was hope, sillyness, and I couldn't help but smile at Lou and Will's bickering.This book is a journey. A love story.Lou never thought her life would become so complicated by meeting and working for Will. Will never thought he could breath again, until Lou came along. The fresh air they both needed.Their story was hopeful and it broke me at the sametime. Its been a while since a book made me cry. And Me Before You accomplished that and more. It carries such a difficult topic. One that I slowly started to see in a whole different light as Will's story and character developed.The ending broke me, and left me satisfied at the same time if that makes sense. It was extremly sad, and yet by the end of the book, I understood. Sometimes you come across beautiful book covers with good stories inside. Sometimes the cover is a more interesting than the story itself. And other times you come across a simple cover that makes you wonder a little, so you start reading. And you keep reading. And you don't stop reading until it done, having gone through an emotional journey that you never would have guessed was hidden inside. This is Me Before You.Are you ready to take that journey?