Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Rape Girl - Alina Klein 3 to 3.5 stars.Rape Girl is a book with a difficult topic in it, and it was handled quite well. It was very realistic and sometimes sad to read. But other times it felt quite the contrary. Unrealistic and even silly.After being Raped, Valery's life takes a turn for the difficult. Instead of being supported for standing up to the sittuation and going to the police, she is being shunned and no one seems to believe in her. Not even her supposedly 'best friend'.Life is hard and when she finally tries to go back to a normal life by attending school, everyone seems to have made her out to be the Bad Guy.Her mom is struggling, and her brother is feeling responsible for not being there when they need him. Her former friend has cut off all comunnications with her, and the guy who raped her, is harrasing her in to dropping the charges by calls and text messages. Even the teachers and principal are looking at her, like she was the one who had raped the guy, and not the other way around.One the other side, this book also shows the 'better' side of the after math of this kind of sittuation. How much therapy group sessions help, how from every bad sittuation, something good can come out of it, like new friendships and a closer family.It wasn't my favorite book of the subject, compared to Just Listen, this was a much simpler read. But still enjoyable.Thanks to Netgalley and Namelos, Myrick Marketing & Media, LLC for the copy I was given to read.