Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Storm (Elementals, #1) - Brigid Kemmerer 4.5 starsWant to know what reading this book was like? Ok, here is an example:~"Pee on it," said Nick. Always the practical. ~"So you're all friends now?""Not by a long shot." He shook his head. "Michael says Hunter's lonely. I actually think he feels bad for the kid.""You know Hunter held a gun to his head. He came here to kill him.""Guys bond over weird stuff, I guess."For all you experinced readers. You remember that feeling you got, back when you started reading YA PNR? The excitement of the new, original stuff you were reading? The emotions flowing out of you, while you couldn't make your self put down the book. One more chapter, that's all we would say, and end up reading till our eyes could not stay open anymore.Well, you need to read this book, because that is exactly how it made me feel! After a couple years of being an almost daily reader, and having read over 200 books, I would call my self a bit experienced. And its not like I don't come across great books that leave me in 'aw' still once in a while. But this feeling. These emotions. The need to go on like this....Oh yeah. Its been a while.In my case, I have not come across(or read) another story or idea like the one presented in Storm. It was completly original and well executed. The story was fun while being serious. The same jokes you'd make to lighten up one of your friends, were used in here, and therefore, made the book that much more enjoyable and beliabable.I am not a big fan of love triangles either. I'm read 'em. Been into them. Enjoyed them. Was there when they went overboard with their usage in books. Am COMPLETELY over them.BUT, if you want to read a well thoughtout, well executed, 'real' love triangle.(Not like the one's where the author tries to sell us on these 2 guys fighting over a girl, while it obvious the girl only pins over one of them.) Then you must read this book.If you love nicely paced books, with action, fights, real life shit going on, and a story worth the money. Then you must read this book.If you like family drama, past drama, boy drama, enemies drama, and all done in a none anoying way. Then you must read this book.Fun, betrayal, love, hurt, these are all ingredients needed to make a great book. And this book has got them. And let me tell you, this is only the begining for what seems to be an amazingly promesing series. I can not wait to get my hands on the rest. Very, VERY looking forward to more stories from all the rest of the characters....and hopefully a follow up on the ending of this one. I soooo saw that coming!