Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls - Tellulah Darling So to put it simply, I had issues with this book. A lot of issues.Some books, you can not read, because there are just too many descriptions and not much of anything else going on. No dialogue, no action, etc. This is a problem I have encountered, over and over. But I had the exact opposite problem with Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls. There was so much dialogue! Nothing was explained really. Everything moved so fast and with no transitions, I felt lost for at least the first 15% of the book. After that, I sort of got the hang of the writing style. Not that I enjoyed it.Also, the author really tried to make the book sound realistic as to how teen, high schoolers, behave now days. How they talk and how they feel or approach sex. She was crude and honest. But sometimes, too crude. It seemed a bit over the top, and it took away from the credability. I didn't have much problem with all the cuzzing, because that's something I hear people do all the time. Including my self. But the way the dialogue was approached, how the conversations were executed, it just did not make me feel for the characters.On the plus side, the book was quick. It was a fast read and there must have been SOMETHING to make me keep reading. I think it was the possibilities. I see potential in the author, and I'm pretty sure that a few more works, and she'll have something really good. So, yes. I will read more books from this author. And no, I am not one of those people who read from an author over and over and never like anything they write, but still keep reading their work and rating them low.I will most likely try one or two more books by Mrs. Darling and if I don't enjoy them more than this one, well then I'll just say thank you and good luck.(But I am hopeful that I will like the future works more!)Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a copy for review.