Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning Reread October 29 2012Original read January 19 2012Is it possible to be happy and sad at the same time? So happy you could jump from the excitement, and so sad you could cry, knowing that they aren't only tears of sadness but of happiness too.That is how this book has left me feeling.To finally have all your questions answered. To embark in the last boat for this great journey and when you are done, to realize that it is over. There won't be another book to wait impatiently for.Is it even possible to try and explain the magnitude of this book? Truthfully, I believe not.I do not think my miniscule review will do the book any justice, but a the very least, Ms. Moning deserves to know that she is a brilliant, brilliant writter.From the very first page you are overwhelmed with the intensity of the emotions imprinted on the pages.The characters development, specially Mac, is phenomenal. Who would have guessed the naive, shallow girl that was presented to us in book 1, (Darkfever), would grow up to be become the magnificent, strong heroine of this book? I trully enjoyed Mac's growth through out this whole series. But her determination and passion to accomplish her motivs in this book, make me bow my head to her.There were so many twists in this book that I even felt dizzy. The beast, the Seelie Queen, the Unseelie King, the LM, the prophesy(ies), Alina's killer, V'lane, Christian, the Sinsar Dubh, Mac, etc. Oh Mac, how terrifying it was to go from theory to theory trying to figure out what/who you were.And there were STILL a couple lose ends that I'm hoping will be adressed on the spinoff series. One of the major ones left behing was Barrons. What exactly IS Jericho Barrons and the other 8 like him?Did we know Barrons, excuse me, Jericho had a ton and a half of secrets? Yes, but I never expected the identity of the beast in his underground garage to turn out to be who it was. And it made me love him all the more, if that was even possible, for all the endurance and suffering he experience for thousands of years.V'lane...I am still trying to process and come to terms with the outcome V'lane had. I don't think I can really explain anything without spiolers, and believe me, this is a book you DO NOT want spoiled.I guess all I can say about V'lane is "wow", did not see it coming. Is it wrong that I still love him? =)I am sure there are many, many things that I forgot to mention here. Some were omited on purpose, so I wouldn't spoil too much. And others I might have slipped in mentioning, but can you really blame me? You might if you haven't read the book. But if you have read it, then you might understand with so many things going on, with so many discoveries and circumstances unraveling, that I am still very overwhelmed by the grandness of this book.I wish I could say "In one word this book was:..."But not this time. This time, one word is not enough.This book was: Amazing, inspiring, outstanding, extraordinary, incredible, dumbfounding, marvelous, fabulous, superior, spectacular, stiking, and I could go on, and on.I trully believe no one would regret reading this series, because this series is..........EPIC!