Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) - Isaac Marion It's gory, and fun. It's dark, and light.It's about the end of the world as we know it, it's about a new begining.It's a story about Zombies...a very special, very lovable Zombie. I am not a fan of Zombie stories. They creep me out, and I'm a whimp. But I have found a few, very few, that I've really enjoyes reading. Even when they were gory and bloody and yuck. But I am happy to say that [b:Warm Bodies|7619057|Warm Bodies|Isaac Marion|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1323400027s/7619057.jpg|10090210] is not like that. Ok, maybe a little. But the rest of the story overpowered the bloodyness of it."Eating is not a pleasant business. I chew off a man's arm, and I hate it. I hate his screams, because I don't like pain, I don't like hurting people, but this is the world now. This is what we do.Ofcourse if I don't eat all of him, if I spare his brain, he'll rise up and follow me back to the airport, and that might make me feel better.I'll introduce him to everyone, and maybe we'll stand around and groan a while. It's hard to say what 'friends' are anymore, but that might be close. If I restrain my self, if I leave enough..."There was more self discovery, more romance, and more humor to go around, that it felt alot more like a romance book than anything.R is a Zombie. A different kind of Zombie.He is more concious than any of the other Zombies, and this makes his meeting with Julie...different.For some reason, he starts changing. Becoming more 'living' than undead. And this starts to affect all the other Zombies too.Its a hard, funny road R and Julie have ahead of them, but they need to take it on if they want to change things. I really enjoyed reading this story. It was heart warming and funny, sad and hopeful, and all around entertaining as hell!This is going staright to my Favorites Bookshelf!