Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Pure (Covenant, #2) - Jennifer L. Armentrout I belive this will be a 'work in progress' kin of review. My head is still somewhat scrambled and my emotions concerning this book/series, are too present, so I will try to write my coherent thoughts as they come to me...First of all, the book is a nonstop rollercoaster ride. It kept me engaged and in a 'I HAVE to keep reading' state of mind. It was extremly hard to take breaks from reading this, because I needed to find out what was going to happen next.The characters bring out all kind of emotions from me. Alex infuriates me when she is stuborn and makes horrible mistakes over and over, and it wasn't until she was hit with outrageous consequences that it seemed she was finally starting to mature a little. This made me real happy.Aideen...*sigh*...oh Aideen, how I love you, but boy you can be really bi-polar! He was hot, he was cold, he was giving me a headache with all his indecisions. He decided there was no way him and Alex could be together, and yet he kept making comment to her that drove her(and me!) crazy. Yes I still love you Aideen. You are sweet and misterious, sexy and nice, and you give Alex emotions that don't need a freakish bond because thay come from the heart.Now Seth, I am glad we had so much of in this book! I honestly could not see what all the fuzz was about in book 1. Everyone seemed to like him but to me he was just...there. Now that all changes in this book. We get to know him a lot better here, and there is a big 180 to his personality, a lot of it has to do with all the time he is spending with Alex and the bond that ties them together.Emotions are running high with this trio, and sadly, this is gonna be one of those love triangles where I/you end up loving both guys so in the end when Alex ends up with one of them, it'll be bittersweet, because one of them is still getting his heart broken.(Although I definitely think Alex will end up with Aideen. I mean how cold she not if this is such a VA series rip off? It's just one of those 'Love Triangles where the readers know more about the MC's feelings than they do them selves. Typical.)The book was great. There is action, mistakes are made and great consequences have to be paid. Not to mention, the Councel is not a fan of Alex which brings a whole lot more troubles to her. The Daimons are still on the prowl and no one is taking this threat seriously.(To be continued...)*A day later*Wow, my thoughts are a lot more clear today, and my emotions are under control. So I have a few things to say.As entertaining and awesome as this book was, I still can't get over how much of a Vampire Academy clone it is.I was fine until I hit the 50% mark, that's when all the similarities starting popping up. And I tried, I really did, to not compare it to VA, but it was simply impossible.I started thinking about it, and the similarities started way before the 50% mark.Why am I bringing this up? Why don't I stop reading these books if this issue botheres me so?Because the books are good! Armentrout has a serious talent for setting an engaging, gripping, light, and easy format to her writting style. And if it was just a few similar things, I would be fine with it. But we're talking major stuff here. Background, Plot, Characters, Events, its all the same. All you have to do is change them from Greek Mythology to Vampire Mythology. Yes there are original parts to this story, but the foundation to the story, to the books, is all VA cake coated in Covenant icing.So this is me and this is my predicament. Raving about how good these books are, and yet not willing to over look how much they have been based in another amazing series.Does this make me a bad person? A hypocrite? Is this where I should stop reading the series? Because, for some twisted sick reason, as much as I am bothered, I really don't want to stop reading these books!Yesterday I wanted to give this book 5 stars, this morning 2, How can I be fair to the book, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Richelle Mead and my self?God I am confused. I felt awesome last night when I finished this, and today, I feel so guilty...