Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter
Perillegal - Joey Przymus Have you seen all the low ratings and bad reviews this book had gotten? Yup, there are a lot. And since this book wasn't a recommendation, I did my homework and read most of them before deciding to pick this one up. I was still intrigued by the idea of this story, so I decided to give it a try.Truthfully? I agree with those reviews I read. Mostly.It is true that this book gives you the "Oh come on, that would never truly happen in a million years!" feel. And you must know that even in Contemporary Fiction, we like to get that realism feeling from the books we read.Another bad strike, was the MC's internal monologue. She was so annoying! I wanted to slap her so many times, I lost count!If she was feeling THAT traumatized and scared, she should have gone to see a shrink or the cops.Otherwise, stop pointing the finger at EVERY MAN that approaches you or even glances at you from a mile away!There where other things wrong with the book. The way things turned out at the last part of the book(and I don't mean the very end/epilogue, cause I actually liked that, for some reason), wasn't how I envisioned it working out. It seemed like Gules should have known better.I know it sounds like I should be giving this book a 1 star rating from what I've been mentioning...........BUT!!!And there you have it ladies and gentleman. The BUT.The dialogue between Gules and her attempted rapist, or peter as she also calls him, was amusing and interesting.It was entertaining. It made me want to see where the story was going and how this whole mess was going to turn out. I found it....sweet(??) to see Gules and "Peter" getting to know each other while Gules still had no idea who this guy was. This guy who had originally tried to rape her!! But "Peter" cared for her. He was just a really messed up and insecure guy, who had made a HUGE mistake, had taken advise from some dumb ass people, and had the biggest feelings of regret that made him feel even more unworthy now. Am I making excuses for him? No, what he did was still wrong. But this whole mess entertained me, what can I say!So I wouldn't say this book was great or good. But I guess I wouldn't say it was bad either. Had some stuff ben cut and polished, I might have been writing a 4 star review.So I liked and didn't like this one, but because I'm so selfish, I'm gonna hope that some of my friends read this, because I want to see their take on it. I'm already in the process of convincing my sister to read it! Muahahaha!Happy Readings!2.5 starsCarina Says OKCarina Liked and Didn't LikeCarina Says It's Complicated...