Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter

Crushed Seraphim

Crushed Seraphim - Debra Anastasia 1.5 starsFirst thing I'm gonna say is....I'm sorry.I'm sorry I didn't like this book.I'm sorry for the low rating.I'm sorry because the author is totally and completely cool and awesome, and I was so excited to read this!...but it just didn't do it for me.I couldn't get in to the fact that both Jason(the vamp) and Jack(Satan) fell for Emma after a day, an afternoon, moments(!) of meeting her. I couldn't believe that Emma(The angel/fallen angel/human) was soooo bad mouthed and yet so naive and gullible. The she also fell for these guys right away. That she was so much more "kickass"(not even) as a human than an angel. That she was able to boss around a horrible, gigantic hellish beast as if it were a mere puppy. Literally. That's how she got rid of it, while Jack was getting the shit beated out of him, even with being Satan and all, and having massive guns.I couldn't believe that Stan needed guns in the first place! He's supposed to be Satan! But he was a total whimp! Couldn't even completely escape Hell. He got stuck in the ground were Emma(now as a human) had to dig him out.In the end, when Emma "ends up" with Jason, because she can;t stop thinking about him and blah blah blah blah blah. She gets her wish. They spend a magical time together or so she says. But a couple weeks pass and what? She can't stop thinking about Jack(Satan). She HAS to get him free from damnation and gives up her humanhood, angelhood and everything else to take his place in hell at the hands of the new Satan. Oh pl-ease!And the cherry on top? We conversations with God and Emma! Want to take a gander as to who God also is?*tick tock, tick tock*Nope, not any of the side characters or main characters. He's Santa Claus. Santa Claus.Yes, I'm serious. No, I am NOT kidding.(You have no idea I wish I was!)He wears the outfit and everything. We get many descriptions from Emma. They. Are. Not. Pleasant. To. Read.*sigh*So once again, I am sorry.I love this authors [b:Poughkeepsie|13038680|Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie, #1)|Debra Anastasia|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348428644s/13038680.jpg|18202488] and [b:Shackled|13489842|Shackled |Debra Anastasia|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1329537069s/13489842.jpg|19028689] books. Definitely give those a try.As to this one...I'm sure there are many people who loved it, so I'm probably in the minority here ;)Happy Readings!