Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter

The Secret Year

The Secret Year - Jennifer R.  Hubbard Colt is dealing with the struggle to mourn Julia after being secretly with her for a year. No one knows this and its killing him to act unaffected. Until Julia's brother, Michael, hands him Julia's diary. Which is written to him.Colt thinks he will find answers in her diary and that by the time he finishesd reading, he will be ready to move on. But will he be ready to let go of something he never really had?The story was good, the book small and fast paced(A plus), but Colt bothered me.I tried to feel more sympathetic towards him, but I also felt that his lack of courage were affecting other people around him, even if that was exactly what he was trying to avoid in the first place. He was hurting others, by trying to not hurt them. If that makes any sense.Appart from that the book was good, even if the ending wasn't what I was expecting, or hoping for.