Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter

Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1)

Captive in the Dark - C.J. Roberts I think 4 to 4.5 stars, is pretty acurate of how I feel towards this book. Not because it was a pretty, enjoyable read. On the contrary, there were times when I wanted to stop reading all together, because it was so unpleasant and disturbing to read. And yet I pushed on, and I'm am so very glad I finished.I am one to like the ocasional Tabboo Topic in my reading repertoir. And not every difficult topic I decide to read, is as good and mindthrilling as I hope they will be. Well that was definitely not a problem with Captive in the Dark.This is a complete and utter MINDFUCK. One of those books that just scramble all of your senses and make you hate your self a little for liking them so much.I have read one or two great StolckHold Syndrome books. One's that really portray a realistic aspect of what the victim goes through. The process of denial, survival, conflict, confussion and acceptance. Captive in the Dark, may have done the best job at showing all of those stages. I love the fact that Livvy, our MC, keeps putting her survival above anything. Yes, it gets her in more that difficult sittuations, but it makes it all the more realistic to the reader. The fact that she even acknowlodges that she might be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and she pushes her self to keep her sanity and her own self, was admirable. She never really stoped thinking that, although she might have developed feelings towards he captor. It was still a horrible situatuion, and what Caleb had done to her was wrong, that she needed to get away. Her inner stuggle was outstanding to read. I loved the fact that she was not an easy person to break.My problem with Caleb was...well he kidnapped Livvy and is planning something horrible for her. He is harvesting feelings for her. And this alone is confusing him immensly, since he has not felt anything but thrist for vengeance for the longest time. Unfortunately I have very like/hate feelings towards him. Like, because just like Livvy, there were times, moments, actions, that showed the man he could be. Showed some redeamable qualities that gave me hope for him. But although he made some great decisions when it came to Livvy's safety, afterwards we're stuck in the same place. Awaiting the same path he has chosen for Livvy. Nothing has really changed, but the fact that the decision is harder for him to bear.I shall unpatienly await for book 2. In the hopes that the final installment keeps me as engaged, entertained, confused, and satisfied, as this book has. Welcome to the club of authors who love to blur the line between right and wrong, black and white, forgibable and unforgibable, Mrs. Roberts. Simply, bravo!