Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter

Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid 4)

Succubus Heat - Richelle Mead For anyone who has read, and liked, any of Mrs. Mead's books. I'm sure I will not shock you at all that I keep praising her books, her series and her talent at writting some of the most exciting, mysterious, hear gripping and page grabbing books in the market.This book was an emotional roller coaster ride. Georgina just can't stay out of trouble. Specially since she has thown her self to the gutters after being dumped by Seth. How can she ever recover? Well how about dating a bum who has pretty much sealed his letter of acceptance to hell.Not only is there trouble in paradise, but in the whole Seatle area. Jerome has been summoned and trapped by a human, with the help of a demon, and now all his subordinates are powerless. Once Georgina and Seth realize that this might be the only opportunity to be with each other without draining his life energy, they both give in to they're love. There's only one problem. Maddie. Seth is still dating her and she has becomed a very good friend to Georgina. As much as they both want to stop their cheating, they can't seem to be able to give up this tiny gift that will soon be over. This made me so happy and sad at the same time.Dante, Georgi's current boyfriend, is bad. And I mean evil bad. But none the less, Georgina finds some redeamable qualities in him. I had a small suspicion about him but didn't give it much thought. By the end of the book, we discover exactly what I had feared about him, but even then, knowing that he did everything out of love for Georgina(and a monetary reward), I couldn't bring my self to dislike him.The ending is even more heart breaking and it almost drove me to tears. But that is one of the wonderful things about Richelle Mead's writting. She's not only telling you a story, she's making you live along with it as you read.Now to express my feeling to Mrs. Mead's writting, I would like to quote one of her scenes in this book. This is Georgina reading an advanced copy of the latest Seth Mortensen and explessing how the book, and Seth's writting, made her feel. I couldn't help feeling the same way about Richelle's writting, so here it is:(WARNING. THE FOLLOWING QUOTE MIGHT BE SPOILERISH)"At its basic level, this was just a mystery book, yet there was a wonderful, lyrical quality to Seth's writting that elevated him above the genre ghetto. Sure, there was action and a trail of clues, but his characters were also evolving, always growing in ways both wonderful and heartbreaking. Seth had a way of describing their feelings and their reactions in a style that was so real, it resonated with my own life and left an ache in my chest."