Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) - C.J. Roberts It is 1:30 am and I am officially done! Let me tell ya, not many books manage to keep me up past midnight. I value my sleep. But God dang it, I just could...WOULD not put this book down for another night!I feel sated, I feel spent, I feel satisfied and also sad. I'm exausted so I shall sleep now and tomorrow I will try to write the most decent review I can.Mrs. Roberts, you deserve all my praise.Update 9/10/12******MIGHT BE SPOILERISH!!!!!!*******Captive in the Dark was a MINDFUCK.Seduced in the Dark was an EMOTIONALFUCK. I have seen this type of story done before. Bad guy falls for his pray and turns good, and leaves his wrong ways behind to be a good man. Well, I've mostly becomed bored and angry with this theme. At the begining of Seduced by the Dark, I was afraid it would turn into one of those books. That after the awesomeness of Captive in the Dark, this would just become a typical sequel, and I'd end up hating it.Well, I under estimated C.J. Roberts.Had this books been written any other way, I might have disliked it. I might have not enjoyed it. It might have been crap. But the way is was written...the way the story took its slow, painful process to get, not only Caleb, but the readers to the point of epiphany. It was outstanding.I absolutely love the fact that we had Caleb's point of view. That we were able to see the strugle, the pain, the memories, the denial. Had it not been there, I would not feel the familiarity, the understanding, the love(even), that I came to feel.C.J. Roberts has this way of writting emotional scenes, that rip your heart out and make you feel as hurt as the characters in her books. The way Livvie's sorrow and denial was described and writen, blew mw away. I read it, with a lump in my throat and an ache in my chest. EVERYTIME.Now, you are probably thinking, "This is enough to make me love the book!". Well yes, yes it is. But it wasn't all. Add some crazy new Characters, some old friends, the most shocking plot twists you can imagine. And an ending and resolution, to make you wish the story never ends. And that's how you get to Seduced in the Dark."It was ironic, because at first, I hated the dark. I had spent so much time in those first few weeks of my captivity, craving the sun and the light on my face. Suddently, it seemed the opposite.In the dark, my master let down his guard and he was Caleb again. He didn't correct me. He didn't punish me. He didn't push me away emotionally.Caleb was there to hold me until the nightmares passed. He was there to tell me I was beautiful. He was there to tell me I was going to be ok.In the dark, he seduced me. I didn't want the seduction to end."This was not an easy read. Its was sad and emotional. But believe it or not, it was also Erotic. When the moment of release finally came...well it was glorious. And I was glad for all the build up and other sexual acts that had happend to keep Livvie, and me, going until that point. It was worth it. It was all worth it."I love Caleb. I love him.I don't care anymore about the awful shit he put me through, what matters most it the fact my love for him, exists. No amout of talking or therapy will change what happened. It won't change how I feel.""He'd confessed so many things to her in the dark. He's whispered to her as she'd slept. He'd held her close to him and fantasized about all the things he wanted and yet felt could never be his.He's discovered a secret place inside himself in those moments."And all this suffering and pain, all the fucked up shit he was put through, and that he put HER through. All the horrible discoveries and beautiful revelations. In the end, it was all worth it.Would I ever want any of it to happen to me? Or anyone else for that matter? NOThis was a book of fiction. And as such it should be treated.And for a Fictional book...it was magnificent!