Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter

Iced (Fever, #6; Dani O'Malley, #1)

Iced (Fever, #6; Dani O'Malley, #1) - Karen Marie Moning Rule #1 in the Universe: the crap always hits the fan. It's the nature of crap. It's a fan magnet.The books was intense, annoying, exciting, hillarious, exasperating! And I'm gonna say it to get it out of the way right away....I did not mind Dani as a narrator...in the fever series.Now on her own trilogy? Well a little. Yeah, who would have thought! The thing is, it was the way she acted that annoyed me most, really. She is The Mega, and she knows just how all mighty she is. But she's not the only player on the board anymore, and this irritates her and makes her more reckless than usual. And it bugged me a bt, because I don't remember being that way when I was fourteen. Then again, Dani had a very rough childhood and it molded her to the girl she is now. "I'm Dani 'Mega' O'Malley. I'm fourteen. The year was just officially declared 1 AWC, and the streets of Dublin are my home.It's a war zone out there. No two days are alike.And there's no place I'd rather be." There is soooo much going on in this book. And most of it is surrounding Dani, and everyone's interest in her. Specially Ryodan. He has staked his claim on her and is willing to torture, maim and kill to keep it that way. Is it a sexual way? I am confused on that account. I think he's holding himself back until Dani grows a bit more. But that he is extremly interested in her, there is no doubt. Either it be as a mentor or a love prospect. I'm leaning more to the love prospect, but maybe KMM is just fucking with us and its never gonna happen.Well, never fear, there are more love prospects to check out!Chistian, oh Christian!, my heart bleed for you! Everything that is happening to him is unfair. He definitely got the short end of the stick in this series. But at the same time I find him so interesting. To see the way he's changing, how it's affecting his humanity, how much he fought it and how much it's taken over. The way his transformation has affected the way he feels about Dani..."I'm attracted to her. She's fourteen. And I'm attracted to her.I'm eight years older than she is. Eleven if you count the three years I spent trying to scape the Fae Silvers. Eight or eleven: what's the difference? It makes me one seriously fucked-up Hilander. Or whatever the hell I am.""She does everything one hundred and ten percent, with all her heart. That's what gets me. Attraction isn't always about sex. Sometimes its about someting far subtler, and far bigger.""I know exactly what she's going to be one day. Bloody hell is she ever. Worth. Waiting. For."And then this makes me think I'm right in my assumption that Ryo is a "love" prospect. Ryo just gave Christian a glipse into what he feels about Dani:"If he was serious about what he just showed me, he showed it to the wrong Unseelie prince. Because what he showed me is that he sees the same things in her I do. He knows she's worth waiting for. And when it's time, he intends to be the one.That's why he's keeping her close. To those of us who live forever, a few years isn't long to wait. Not for something worth waiting for. Not for a once-in-a-lifetime girl." Christian is obsessed with Dani now. And to show her just how muchhe is interested, he sacrificed him self. How will this affect their relationship? We'll find out in the coming books where Dani will go hunting to free him!Then there's the mysterious Dancer. Dani's new "best friend" who disappears for days and shows up right in the nick of time. Is he Human? Is he something else? Who knows! I do know that he's the closest thing to normal in Dani's life and that he might become a strong contender for Dani's heart. Even if in Dani's 14 year old mind, she keeps denying it.Now there are a ton of more Characters in the mix. One of the most notable and likeable to me was Lor. Yes! He is ruthless, a killer and amazingly entertaining!Theories you ask? Well I have a TON, but will not share in here because that will be too spoilerish. Besides, don't you remember the last Fever books? There are theories and possibilities in KMM's writing out the wazoo! The only was to find out, is to read the rest of the series. Which won't be out until forever!I will be rereading this book before the next comes out because I will need it! KMM's writing is so complex and yet outstandingly entertaining. More questions than answers, as always, and addicting as hell!(Might come back to add more to the review. Things to mention keep popping in my head!)