Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter

Poughkeepsie

Poughkeepsie - Debra Anastasia The first half of this book is OUTSTANDING! Just the concept of the story is amazing, and it was written in a way that once you start reading, you will NOT be able to stop.How can you help but fall in love with all the characters in this book? Livia, the gentle woman who has been giving Blake her shy and sincere smiles. And Blake, the exemplary gentleman who just happens to be homeless...and quite broken. Passing his time by counting Livia's smiles.The story starts out with just the two of them, but as it moves along we are introduces to some pretty amazing characters. Kyle, the crazy sister. Cole the martyr. Eve the turned assassin due to her tragedies. And Beckett, the feared thug trying to protect his foster brothers.I actually like the fact that not everyone had a happy ending...meaning Beckett and Eve. They had such a fractured relationship that I liked the fact that the author took such a risk by sending them their own way. Am I still holding on to hope that there might be a book for them where they might get their own HEA? Hell yes! But for this book, it felt right the way things ended. I know many of you will disagree with my spoiler opinion, but its just that. My humble opinion.The story is beautiful and quite heartbreaking. It brings so much joy and pain, that you can feel your heart contracting with emotions.I don't know what it was about the second half of the book that didn't make me feel as invested as I was in the first half. The book was still great, and there were again, some heart wrenching moments. But not with the same momentum as the beginning.Although the second part was lacking a bit to me, I won't bash or punish the book. I did go from a 5 star to a 4 start but that's still pretty kick ass in my book. I'm so glad I read this, and it will be making my Top Books Of 2011 for sure!