Carina505

I Am Carina And I Speak For The Books!

This Same Earth (Volume 2)
Elizabeth Hunter

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress Series #5)

This Side of the Grave - Jeaniene Frost The intoduction to this book was so good! I was hooked on the first page and then...it just kinda fell a little flat.Maybe it was just that my expectations were way way high, but I never felt like I was on the edge of my seat like with the previous books. After a couple chapters it starts to pick up but, like I said, I didn't feel the adrenalin rushing like with the other books. The usual spark uniting Bones and Cat was missing and I was dissappointed to see just a few scenes where I trully enjoyed them together, where they felt like their old fun selves.Don't fret cause of course I enjoyed the book. Cat has matured soo much, and her realationship with Bones is really strong. Chapter 21 was very sexy, if you don't believe me then let me quote Bones for you: "If I have to beg, you are going to do that again," Bones finally said in a strained voice. "I Can't feel my bloody legs."Although I felt bad for Tate. I just want to console him(*wink*) and help him get over Cat once and for all. I don't remember since what book I saw coming what happened to Don. I was starting to think Ms. Frost forgot about him, but it finally caught up to him, and it wasn't something good either. The little twist in the end was half a surprise. I thought it might happen, but didn't give it much thought.In this book we see a more romantic Cat and Bones, which is good, I just have to adjust my view on them. I was very happy to find an excerp of the next Night Huntress book on the last pages of TSOTG in my kindle. It will be called On Grave at a Time and its expected to come out Fall 2011.Hopefully I'll enjoy that one more than I did this. But like I said, I still loved this book. =)****Edit**** 02/25/2011I would like to add that I am a dedicated, obsessed Night Huntress reader. I love the series, and so far I love all the books. I know it may seem like the book wasn't my favorite from my review, and you're right, it wasn't. But the book was still good people! There is alot of humour, and sexiness and most importantly: Cat, Bones and Vlad!(Also Mencheres, who is very rapidly growing on me!)So there is no way in hell that I plan on giving up this series. I love it till death do us part. And If I may AGAIN quote Bones, "No matter what happens, you will never lose me, I am forever yours, Kitten, in this life or the next." Ofcourse, Im not just talking to Cat(Kitten), I'm talking to the whole series and Ms Frost too.*Grins*